As of 8/15/12
The two grants that have been used to obtain our equipment over the last couple of years are the Edward J. Byrne JAG (Justice Agreement Grant) and the Stone Garden grant.
The Byrne JAG grant is usually available for a short period of time each year. We recommend checking periodically to catch it when it is active.
The Stone Garden grant is focused on border towns (typically Mexican border in particular). However, making the case of trafficking in the immediate border states and those with heavily traveled routes from those towns/states may prove successful.
There are grants through Domestic Highway Enforcement (DHE). DHE is a strategy that promotes collaboration from multiple departments to attack drug trafficking on highways all over the country. The focus of this is on highways where there is major trafficking of contraband. DHE goes hand in hand with HIDTA. Here is a link with more info:
We suggest using Google to find the grant sites to apply. Since we are not a government or law enforcement agency, we do not have access to the grant websites.
Department of Homeland Security - The following are details of grants that were linked to CSECO equipment in FY2010. These grants may or may not be active for FY2011.
List of 10 Department of Homeland Security Grants for CSECO equipment (CT 30 Kit for Contraband Detection)
Process for identifying Department of Homeland Security Grants
- Click here for applicable Department of Homeland Security Grants: www.rkb.us
- On the right hand side will be a group of links called “Knowledge Links”. At the bottom of the list is “Related SEL Items”. Click any one of those. (NOTE: The SEL #’s listed here are the AEL #’s for our kit. Make note of them.)
- On the right hand side will be a group of links called “Knowledge Links”. At the top of the list is “Related FEMA Grants”. Click link.
- The list displays the grants that should include our equipment.
- Contact your State Administrative Agency (SAA) and share with them the grant name, the AEL/SEL#, and product name (CT 30 Kit for Contraband Detection). This is the agency that should be able to confirm if our equipment is included in a particular grant as these grants are often based on the state’s individual strategy.
- For more information on this process, contact email@example.com
Department of Justice
Department of Defense - 1122 Program
Other resources include:
Office of National Drug Control Policy - www.ondcp.gov
State Administrative Agency - www.fema.gov/government/grant/saa/index.shtm