As the demand grows among law enforcement agencies for the most capable and effective narcotics detection tools, many companies have begun to manufacture and market them. Of course, they would always claim that their narcotic detection equipment is the best that clients could ever find, but do they actually deliver on what they promise?
There are many companies who also manufacture and market contraband detection equipment and say that theirs is the best on the market. But it's wise to do your own research when choosing equipment for your narcotics detection. Here is a comparison between the Campbell/Harris Security Equipment Company (CSECO) Buster K910B Density Meter and Perfect Vision V20 Videoscope Inspection System and other detection tools available today.
CSECO's Buster K910B Density Meter vs. other density meters:
- Other density meters feel heavy which means they are difficult to carry or they are too lightweight that they almost feel like a toy. The Buster K910B is a handheld density meter that weighs 2.50 pounds (1.1 kilograms). It is not too heavy nor is it too lightweight. It has an ergonomic design which makes it ideal to be handled with only one hand. Despite the relative lightness, the Buster is otherwise a compact density meter allowing you to feel the components inside which make it a quality product.
- Other density meters feel bulky or too cumbersome to handle. The dimensions of the leading competitor measures 6.5 x 3.25 x 1.75 inches. The dimensions of the Buster, on the hand, are 5.5 x 2.5 x 2.5 inches. The Buster's ergonomic and compact design makes it easier and more comfortable to handle.
- Most density meters use at least two AA alkaline batteries, sometimes more. Quite often these batteries last less than 48 hours of daily use. The result is these units require repeated, troublesome replacements especially when agents are on the field. The Buster, on the other hand, uses a single 9V battery which is easily replaceable and commonly available. One 9V battery lasts longer than two AA alkaline batteries, allowing for up to three months of daily use.
- The Buster is unique among the other density meters available which use microwave, ultraviolet or magnetic wave technologies that aren't as effective in detecting narcotics like the Buster does. The Buster uses a low-intensity gamma radiation emitter and scintillation detector. This technology enables the agents to quickly scan a variety of surfaces such as wood, metal, reinforced plastic, and rubber, without externally damaging them. And what's more, the gamma radiation is safe around humans and police canines.
- The Buster was designed an manufactured by CSECO founder Patrick J. Campbell, with direct input from the US Customs and Border Protection agents who would be using the density meter. You can be sure of its quality, durability, reliability, and dependability knowing that the country's biggest law enforcement agency approves and uses the Buster and recommends it to other law enforcement bodies. Do the competitors have this "seal of approval?" We don't think so!
Perfect Vision V20 Videoscope Inspection System vs. fiberscopes from leading competitors:
- CSECO's Perfect Vision V20 Videoscope offers 10 times the resolution of the leading fiberscope, compared to 4 to 9.5 times resolution of a competing videoscope.
- The competing videoscopes have only a 3.5 inches screen. CSECO's Perfect Vision V20, on the other hand, has a large 5 inch color LCD screen that is designed to reduce eye fatigue for the user.
- Other videoscopes don't claim that their screen displays have brightening or dimming features, nor any digital zoom. CSECO's Perfect Vision allows the user to brighten or dim the areas being inspected to get a clearer view of what's inside. It also has a push-button digital zoom, as well.
- Other videoscopes on the market have cumbersome attachments such as cables, shafts of varying lengths, or other accessories. CSECO's Perfect Vision V20, on the other hand, comes in one piece only. This makes for a less hassled operation.
- Most importantly, CSECO's Perfect Vision V20 Videoscope is certified safe by the Underwriters Laboratory (UL), the world's leading authority in product safety. It means it's safe to use in hazardous areas such as gas and fuel tanks. It's also water- and fuel-resistant. Most other videoscopes on the market don't have such certification. So when it comes to safety, you'll know which videoscope you should buy.
CSECO's CT-40 Contraband Team Detection Kit consists of the world-renowned Buster K910B Density Meter, PN Series Inspection Probe Kit, PM-10 Extension Inspection Mirror with Flashlight, the Leica Laser Range Meter, and the newest addition the Perfect Vision V20 Videoscope Inspection System. The kit also comes with the CT-40 Custom Waterproof Carrying Case with Wheels, and an optional K9-150B Extension Pole System.
Other kits are either too heavy or cumbersome to carry because of the size of the case. Sometimes you may request an upgrade to enhance the contents of your kit. With CSECO's CT-40 Inspection Kit, you have all the essentials in one case which is convenient to carry. And you can be sure that CSECO's products are world-class.
The fight against drugs is a difficult and deep-rooted problem that has been going on for many decades. As smugglers get more wily with stashing away and transporting contraband such as narcotics, law enforcement and drug interdiction agencies must be more technologically sophisticated when performing narcotics detection and reducing their circulation.